Bakersfield Auto Defect Accident Lawyer
Automobile design and manufacturing defects can have disastrous consequences for motorists. They can turn a minor incident into a major wreck with serious or catastrophic injuries. If you have been injured because of an auto defect, contact Faulkner Law Offices right away. Our experienced auto defect lawyers have the knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
Why Choose Us?
We have been representing injured people since 1974 with a sole focus on injury matters. We are not intimidated by large companies and are willing to take our cases to trial if necessary to gain the maximum compensation possible. When our cases go to the courtroom, we have a success rate of over 90%.
What Constitutes an Auto Defect?
There are three different types of auto defects for purposes of a product liability claim:
- Design defects: In the design phase, before manufacturing begins, engineering flaws can produce dangerous conditions in an automobile.
- Manufacturing defects: Even when there are no design flaws, manufacturing defects can occur that make the vehicle unsafe.
- Inadequate instructions and warnings: This type of defect can make an automobile or a component part dangerous, even if it was designed and manufactured properly.
Common Auto Defects
The following are examples of common auto defects contributing to accidents and injuries today:
- Tires: Tread separation and blowouts at high speeds can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle or the car to roll over.
- Airbags: Defective airbags malfunction in different ways. They may fail to deploy in a collision or inflate suddenly for no reason, causing the driver to crash.
- Seat backs: A defective or flimsy set back can collapse in an accident, causing the driver or passenger to be thrown around in the vehicle.
- Accelerator pedals: An accelerator pedal that sticks or remains depressed can cause sudden acceleration leading to a crash.
- Top-heavy vehicles: A faulty design can result in a top-heavy SUV or automobile that is prone to roll over with strong winds or sharp turning.
- Faulty roof: A vehicle roof that cannot sustain the weight of the vehicle and occupants can cause catastrophic or fatal roof crush injuries in a rollover accident.
Proving an Automobile Is Defective
To win an auto defect product liability claim, you must show that:
- The product is defective in design and/or manufacturing, and/or it lacks proper warnings and instructions, or it contains unsafe automotive parts.
- The defect or defects existed at the time the automobile left the hands of the manufacturer or the retailer.
- The defect caused your injuries.
Why You Need an Attorney
Retaining experienced legal counsel is your best course of action in an auto defect case. Automobile manufacturers are large corporations with the resources to hire teams of lawyers to fight your claim. Our experienced product liability attorneys understand the complexities of preserving evidence for presentation in court to establish liability. In investigating your accident, we look beyond the obvious causes for auto defects that may have caused your accident.
Contact Our Firm Today
If you have been injured in an accident caused by an auto defect, contact Faulkner Law Offices today. We can provide you with sound legal counsel and dedicated advocacy in an auto defect claim. Our Bakersfield lawyers operate on a contingency-fee basis – you do not pay us any legal fees until we win your case.